Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Is it a Middy Plus? A Femme Fatale? You choose!


Okay so last week I did something I have been meaning to do for a while. I know that if I am to call myself a vintage gal I not only need to know how to do my own vintage hairstyles on my own hair but also be able to look the part as well.

I haven't done something this daring on my hair since I was nineteen and I basically had my hair completely chopped off! I posted a picture of it here.  I brought the diagram to my hairstylist a week before and she said she would study it. To be honest with you I don't really know if I got the Middy Plus or the Femme Fatale. I think it was more the Femme Fatale.

Afterwards, I came home and lets just say I am still in a state of shock! I am very happy I took the risk but being one who has never been good with hair and then running around after three munchkins all day--the haircut made me feel like doomsday had arrived! LOL


Okay this is how I roll everyday. I do not put on makeup during the day at all minus some chap stick so here I am bare  hahah with my Middy Plus? Femme Fatale? God's know what? Like the mop in the background? heheh


Now this is me after putting some hot rollers in for just 15 minutes. The babies were running up and down the stairs (because they figured out how to open the gate!) and my hubby was waiting for me to finish so he could run some errands so I just did this very, very quickly. I didn't feel very 1940's but rather 1950's and so therefore I basically freaked out!

My only comfort was knowing my hubby didn't think I looked bad-he actually was calling me a dark Marilyn Monroe hehehe And also listening to my friend Brittany tell me over and over that it will be okay and work out. I normally don't give a hoot about my hair but this really shook me up! After a while I decided to leave the panicking behind me and everyday since that first day I have been attempting a different hairstyle.

Let me know your thoughts--I need all the encouragement I need especially since I finally joined Model Mayhem!! I actually made arrangements to work with this darling women who is actually from Australia who is now living in New York. I really like her and feel good about collaborating with her. Check out her facebook page when you can at Jodie King Photography.

So now more than ever I need to get a firm grasp and conquer this whatever kind of haircut that I got and make it look as 1940's as possible for my shoot. I will be posting my hair trials tomorrow!

Til then....xox

10 comments:

  1. so cute! I hope to get a cut soon, I did buy some sponge curlers today to start my journey of transformation. you look darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you get over the shock of it you'll start to like it. Whenever I cute my hair it took a week or so to get it to wear I was happy with it. I think you look great. I plan on doing this once my hair is a bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my haircut too! Oh and you hair seriously looks fine, no doubt. The hot rollers really did justice though, because it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, oh you look gorgeous, as always! :) Vintage styles always take practice. you should have heard me curing like a sailor when I first started. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too seemed a bit freaked out at first when I first got my middy plus. It was much shorter than what I thought it would be, especially after rolling in hot rollers. I think it looks gorgeous though, especially with the hot rollers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll take a while to get used to the new cut. Don't give up! The cut looks pretty different when not styled but it really will look great curled. Happy hair styling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much ladies--your support means so much to me! I will posting my hair trials this week. Who know hair was so dang important hahaha xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks gorgeous! I've debated a middy for a while now, but wanted to try to find a retro salon that knew how to do it properly. (Lucky me, my brother told me last week his friend's sister has now opened one near by!) I look forward to your hair posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh neat! I cant wait to see it when you do it! Can you believe I am STILL trying to get used to it LOL xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bunny, I just LOVE Your new Hair Cut! It looks FAB!!! Actually, I was thinking of doing the same! (Mainly for practical reasons!). I love the 1940's hairstyles, they are so sexy! You do it proud Honey! Love and Blessings, Penni xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...