Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All About ME

Bettie Davis


Margo Channing said in the 1950's movie All About Eve


"Funny business a woman's career. The things you drop on your way up the ladder so you can move faster. You'll forget you need them when you get back into being a woman. It's the one career we all have in common....being a woman."

This incredible life journey has led me to make my biggest and for me, most impossible DREAM become an everyday reality. I can recall laying on my bed in my apartment that I lived in with my mother, father, and older brother. I would daydream about my future all the time. Yeah I was a child but even children can have big dreams. I dreamt of my prince on his white horse and I knew-instinctively almost that I wanted to be a wife and mother.


Years passed on and a couple of kisses wasted on some ugly frogs later...my prince did come. He was (and still is) everything I had wished for and so much more. He is my best friend, my husband, my life partner, my HERO.


Through this love we shared for one another came THREE...oh dear yes three beautiful, healthy, amazing little miracles. Within four years of my life I became the incredibly proud mother of three lovable babies. My eldest whom I nicknamed Bunny will be four this August and entering Pre-K (sob..tear...tear). My second child whom I nicknamed Papi, turned two this May. And the last of my Mohican's is my eight month old whom I have nicknamed Papito (little Papi).


My husband and children are a huge part of who I am and who I have become within these past six years but its not all of me. As I entered into motherhood I changed....I changed the moment she was placed in my arms. I felt it-I knew it was happening. Who I am now after having them has lead me to this new journey.


They say a happy mommy makes a happy baby (and a very happy hubby too!) and its true. When I am relaxed I don't get easily frustrated. When I am rested properly I am not cranky. When I am able to do something for me I feel like I can give more to them.


I never knew all this would happen for me much less also be a stay at home mother! I call myself a 24/7 mother because well they are with me 24/7 and I am with them as well. I am making my journey back to my womanhood-whatever that will mean I do not fully know as of yet BUT I do know that I want to find out.


Join me on my journey. To discover how to make yourself happy without taking away from others. To embrace who you are, what you look like, and what you have become along the way.

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...