Friday, December 7, 2012

Ten Years Ago Today...


Ten years ago today my husband and I went on our very first date! We met years ago briefly through mutual friends in passing but then reconnected on the day of those very same friends wedding. He sat next to me at the table at that wedding (on December 1st) and I kept thinking, "OMG he is sooo cute and sooo nice". He is truly everything I ever wanted and more. He is my very best friend and the person I most like to spend my days with. The thought of growing old with him puts a smile on my face and in my heart.

Our date was amazing, I am not exaggerating at all. We met up in the city (what we call Manhattan) and walked around a bit (it was freezing cold too!). One of the things we did was go into St. Patrick's Cathedral. I lite some candles for our loved ones and I said a prayer in the small chapel. Ironically its the chapel we were married in!

Afterwards, we chatted up at a bar while we were waiting to be called for our table and then went to ate some amazing Spanish food. We just talked a whole lot and held hands the whole time-I didn't normally hold hands on the first date (yes I am that old fashioned) but I did with him. It was the best date I ever had.

I never thought I would ever be able to make this dream of mine come true because I kept meeting frogs. But on our first date I knew he was my prince. We spent two and a half years dating and then married in 2005.

I wish everyone can find the person that they can be happy and joyful with. My life before him and before our children was good but now its GREAT!
Some photos of us during our dating years! We had such fun-it was the best!

Tomorrow my children will be sleeping over their papa's house and my husband and I planned a date day with lots of hand holding and really fun events. And yes-they are all vintage related hehe I cannot wait to share with you the exhibits we plan to attend and also a special surprise as well.

Wishing you all a very happy friday!!

xox

PS The photos were scanned. They were before the digital camera came into affect hehe

5 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet story. You and your hubby look so happy together and look meant to be:) You are so cute:)) Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have a great day together:))

    http://dividingmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about your new blog. I will make sure to replace you on my blog roll and unfollow the other one! I love this layout. It's so YOU and fresh and cool. :)

    This post is so sweet. You are seriously one lucky lady to have met such a terrific guy. Your first date sounds so romantic and like a movie! He's a cutie and you two make a striking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you two! You are the happiest couple I know :-)

    -Holly

    http://veronicavintage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...