Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmastime In Old Hollywood


It's just a day away! I have been baking and wrapping and putting rollers in my hair hehe I am sure all of you are either house hopping like we will be doing today or greeting guests in your home. I wish you many blessings and good wishes as you prepare your special meals and especially to the vintage mama's out there who are working hard at being elves!

Here are some fabulous Christmas photos from Hollywood in its Golden Age:
Christmas at the Hollywood Canteen in 1943 with Eddie Cantor as Santa who is surround by starlets Shelly Winters, Lynn Merrick, Maxine Fife, Leslie Brooks, and a couple of servicemen.
Danny Kaye and Nat King Cole
Princess Grace Kelly and her family
Gracie Allen, wife of George Burns with their child
Boris Karloff and Ginger Rodgers at a party
Louise Brooks being her fab self
 Jean Harlow looking darling as always
Carole Lombard-wow those gams!
Lucy and Desi being so adorable..besos!
 Vera-Ellen-what a cutie!
Bob Hope in Korea during Christmastime

xox

6 comments:

  1. I love those pictures! I am actually doing a "vintage Christmas" post soon and I have a few of the same pictures so I hope you don't mind LOL. I hope you and your family have an absolutely fabulous Christmas, hun!

    -Holly

    http://www.veronicavintage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Merry Christmas! I hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos! Merry Christmas Eve day and I hope you and your family have a marvelous Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Especially the Shirley Temple pic. My Mom is a HUGE fan of hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore her too! One of my favorite films is "A little princess"! xox

      Delete
  5. What a wonderfully fun vintage note to celebrate Christmas Eve on, dear Bunny. Thank you for sharing these charming photos with us, and also for the beautiful blog comment you left me earlier. I too have treasured our chats and friendship this year, and am so, so happy to greet 2013 together!

    May your holiday season sparkle with joy and merriment, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...