Saturday, January 5, 2013

Old Hollywood Knitters



How cheeky is this photo of Grant attempting to knit in the film, "Mr. Lucky"!! Now that I have become a part of the knitting club, I decided to look online for inspirational photos and came across these! Aren't they sweet!

Ingrid Bergman and Alfred Hitchcock-super fabulous photo!
 Gloria Stuart knitting something beautiful I am sure!
 Marsha Hunt explaining the stitches to a co-star.
 Katherine Hepburn was many things including an avid knitter!
 Ginger Rodgers knitting in "Shall We Dance?"
Oh yes! MM was a knitter too! When I though I couldn't possibly love her more!

I hope you found these just as neat as I did! Now I am going to go and work on that Tardis blue scarf some more!!

xox

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I didn't think I could love MM any more, then I found out she knitted....yes, I think we could have been good friends. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post, Bunny! I can see your enthusiasm for your new found craft radiating through with each word and wonderful vintage image. Here's another fun yesteryear celeb knitting up a storm for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/breipret/7214232382/


    Have an awesome weekend, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing a knitting picture with Carole Lombard too. I a lot of these golden age gals were knitters:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that a lot of film stars knit because it gives them something to do while they wait for their turn in front of the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was actually super cool! I had no idea many of these women knit, especially Marilyn. Maybe more young girls will see this and realize knitting is pretty freaking cool.

    I remember in America's Sweethearts when Julia Roberts knits and in an Entertainment Tonight interview, she admitted she's an avid knitter and does it in between takes of all her films. I thought that was awesome!

    PS. I'm sorry I haven't been around here lately. I've been enormously busy and have been neglecting blogging, I'm afraid. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! ♥ You and your blog are so lovely! :) Happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bunny,

    I just LOVE your new blog! Very inspiring.

    Happy New Year!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you everyone! You all are too sweet!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. "A costar"? That unidentified costar with Marsha Hunt is none other than the legendary James Cagney. 🙄

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...