Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bomb Girls: Season Two!!


Bomb Girls is back! Season Two began today and you can find it on Global TV. If you missed the last season, the Bomb Girls DVD is out. Unfortunately, I have yet to find it on Amazon but if anyone finds it let me know-it is defiantly a show I want to keep in my collection!

If you haven't seen this show yet you truly must! You can read more about it here.
Season Two picked up where Season One left off, with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. This season will include six more episodes than the last season as that season was meant to be a miniseries. Thankfully the show got picked up and this season they will be giving us more of a back story of all the characters like; Betty, Lorna, Gladys, and Kate.

There will be more romances, more controversies, and more drama for sure! One may wonder, was life during WWII that dramatic and fast paced? I think in many ways it was. People were living for the moment and grabbing the time they had with others. They were rallying together because our boys were fighting all over the world. So, to me this show really depicts in some small way what life may have been like for some women.
Here are a few images from Season Two. And you may wonder, does Kate escape her father's grips? Does Betty find a boyfriend? Does Gladys fall for another man? You really must tune in to see! 

Below are some photos of Rose O'Donnell and her guest appearance on the show. I think she looks great all dolled up like a 1940's dame-don't you? I don't know what her role will be but I am looking forward to finding out! 
I also found a fabulous interview by Meg Tilly here and she also blogs for the Huffington Post. I have been a fan of hers for some time and its such a pleasure to see her again now on Bomb Girls! If you would like to see more photos of some of the cast on their visit to NYC a few months ago check it out here.

Did any one you see the first episode of Season Two? What did you think? Who are your favorite characters and why?

xox

10 comments:

  1. I haven't caught all six episodes of the first season yet, but I think I'm up to three now, and am so eager to enjoy the second season. It's really, really lovely to have a 1940s themed Canadian show to enjoy. We haven't had many of those at all over the years, and it's great to see how those in the TV industry in Toronto interpret this history rich decade.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jessica! It is so nice to see Canadian TV coming out with such a great show! Its amazing-you will love the first episode of Season Two!! xox

      Delete
  2. cool, can't wait to watch season two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bomb Girls!! I missed it last night, shoot! Hopefully there will be a rerun so I can catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too-whoot! Let me know what you think after you see it :) xox

      Delete
  4. Where did you watch it?! I can't find it anywhere :-( You've got me totally into that show now LOL.

    -Holly

    Veronica Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh I will send you the link! Isn't sooo fab!! hehe xox

      Delete
    2. OMG please do! I love the show - it's all your fault you got me addicted hahah! I am itching to see the new season, holy moley! And Downton Abbey is rapidly approaching :-)

      I really appreciate you sending me the link! Thank you! :-)

      -Holly

      Delete
  5. RATS!!!!!! Missed last night's episode!! Thought I had to wait til it came to REELZ, that's where I saw season 1. Thanks for the link to Global! Going to go watch!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...