Saturday, January 19, 2013

Elegant Victory Roll Up-Do Hair Trail


I mentioned early in December after I got a new hair cut that I would be trying out a few hair tutorials that I found interested and really pretty. I decided to try out Va -Voom Vintage's Elegant Victory Roll Up-Do. Brittany has such a talent for doing these vintage hairstyles and I loved the way her's came out.

I followed the step by step instructions and set my hair in hot rollers going up,  not down. Then I worked on my Victory Rolls which was both fun and frustrating because I literally haven't practice in months! Shame on me!

I think my up-do came out okay. It is harder to see the rolls I think because my hair is so dark. I am sure you can see those sneaky little white hairs popping out everywhere. I haven't put semi-dye in months either. I only like to do it for a photo shoot and have yet to get into dying it permanently. I feel like its such a commitment, kwim?

Here are some photos of my up-do.....
Please forgive how tired I look in these photos. By the time they were taken it was like 11pm and I was soooo exhausted. It is best to do these hair trials when the babies are sleeping so hence the tiredness *wink*

I think it came out okay but I don't think I am an up-do kind of girl. I did like how the front came out and will be practicing that a little more.

I enjoy doing hair trials because it can help you figure out what styles work best with your hair types, looks, and face as well. I will have more to come in the future!

What are your favorite vintage hair tutorials?

xox

13 comments:

  1. Love it! Keep at it! It takes lots of practice and you are fortunate to have lots of pretty hair to work with:) You did a great job with the back! How long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I do have to practice more. I watched a movie while I did it so about an hour or so. It was hard to do but I like to try out a style before I commit to it. I def like VR-I just dont think an up-do is for me. Thank you hun! xox

      Delete
  2. I stink at doing victory rolls. I need to take some time and practice them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too!!! It takes a lot of teasing and such and hairspray-two things I don't like to do to my hair LOL xox

      Delete
  3. Lovely job, dear Bunny, rolls take practice for sure, and it looks like you're off to a really good start. I think that up swept hair looks so elegantly beautiful on you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I def need more practice but it felt good to try something out esp with my new hair cut style that I have now. I have a few more to try out. My plan is to try them all out and choose like 2-4 to really focus on and perfect kwim? xox

      Delete
  4. You did a great job, I have a hard time doing all up Victory Rolls, it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T! It isnt easy but not hard either. I just have all of this hair and its so dark that you can't even see the rolls LOL So its def not doing to be something I will try again anytime soon but def have to practice my VR! xox

      Delete
    2. I wish I could show you how I do them, it's so easy. After many years of trial and error I've got it down to a couple minutes.

      Delete
    3. Do a tutorial or better yet lets skype!!!! xox

      Delete
  5. Looks awesome!! Gosh, I haven't done that style in so long, I almost forgot about it! :P I'm so glad that I take pics of some of the styles that I've done in the past because I often get in a rut of two rolls and a snood or something like that. It's nice to mix it up and try something different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great - I am terrible at victory rolls! No matter how hard I try they just never come out right. And if I do get one right, I can never get the other one to match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! That is really very good for a first go. I don't think I got anything near that when I first tried back when I started doing my hair vintage! I know it can be really tough and frustrating, but you just gotta keep at it :-) I really have to start doing more tutorials on my blog like you said - so many other bloggers who do them have finer, thinner hair, while we have thick and LOTS of hair. I am sure we are not alone. I already have a self timing camera installed on my phone for aiding me in doing just that! :-)

    -Holly

    Veronica Vintage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...