Thursday, January 17, 2013

Knitting Project Goals!

I know I just started to learn how to knit, but I think it's important to set some goals for yourself especially if they can be challenging. So, I set some realistic goals for myself. I am still working on my Tardis blue scarf and have been able to fit in about 20-30 minutes of knitting everyday which  has been enough for my hands to do. 

Next month I will be booking a class with my instructor to learn how to do this 1940's pattern. It will just be an hour class but my hope is that I get the gist of how it goes and I can make it for myself. I love wearing snoods and would love to make some one day but I am now loving these headband/turbans as well. What a great way to add something to  your look and change how you do your hair all with a simple headband/turban!

The one just below is another I want to do. These seem like doable projects for me for the next few months as I hope to make a few in different colors. The one under that is a Knee Warmer that I would love to make for my dad. His birthday is at the end of March so I will try and do it for then if not for Father's Day. He has knee problems so I want to make something that could possibly help  him. The third one is of a Mantilla Scarf-very Spanish like and very me-I love it! And the last is of a jumper/sweater. Now that will be a tough cookie to crack BUT if I can make myself one oh my that would be heavenly indeed!
 PamoolahVintageHats~Turban Wrap
VanessaLovesVintage~Knee Warmer
eStitches~Head Coverings
VaVoomVintageShop~Jumper/Sweater

What knitting/Crocheting projects are you working on now? What do you hope to work on during the year? Or any crafts for that matter!!

xox

18 comments:

  1. You just reminded me that I finally need to learn how to knit! I already know the basics, but all I can knit is a big rectangle :P In fact, learnig how to knit was one of my New Year resolutions - and I hope I will make at least one sweater this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do more of it-I am really enjoying it and its super relaxing too hehe xox

      Delete
  2. Where do you go for knitting classes? Oh my word do I want to learn, I have for months now! Do you pay anything? Let me know, hun!

    And I know you can kick ass on ALL of those projects you aspire to :-)

    -Holly

    Veronica Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will email you soon about it mama! heheh thank you!! Muah!

      Delete
  3. I dont knit but I have always wanted to learn. I used to crochet but I havent done that in years either. My daughter crochets all the time so when I want something, I just call her up. ;-) I really want to do more sewing this year, its just hard having my toddler grandson living with us. He's a mess and Im sure I wouldnt be able to do much without him trying to push the pedal and sewing my fingers up. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so neat that she does that! You should try one day taking it up again! Oh I couldnt sew at this time bc of my babies either-one day lol xox

      Delete
  4. Don't you just love the lacy "fan" stitch so predominant in the 40s and early 50s? It's SO pretty! I highly recommend the "Stitch in Time" books -- the patterns are somewhat moderate to advanced, but they are easy to read. And what absolutely GORGEOUS stuff! *faint* *swoon* Good luck with your projects -- YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm currently finishing up a blanket for my Mom and I'll be starting something for myself ... what I don't know yet. :) I'll post photos on my blog once I get things rolling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so awesome and thank you so very much for cheering me on! I am loving knitting so far and looking fwd to learning and doing more! xox

      Delete
  5. I love how you have all these project goals. I can't wait to see your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bunny,

    I have always admired people who know how to knit; good for you! My daughter taught herself knitting and then taught her younger sister as well, but I have never been motivated enough to attempt it. It appears difficult. I have crocheted, but I don't think that is anywhere nearly as impressive as knitting.

    I thought you might like to know that the "You might also like" links don't link, since your URL is changed. You could probably just relink that application.

    I too have recently changed my URL. My new URL is...
    http://thesimplelifeofhope-updated.blogspot.com/

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hope! Yes I know about the links-so annoying. I will get to it at one point-lots of links to fix-such a bummer and thank you! I just added your new one!! xox

      Delete
  7. I am currently doing 3 crochet projects. A knee blanket, a necklace and a snood. I love crochet and have only been doing it for about a year. I will be learning to knit later this year after I have learnt to sew. I have plenty of knitting patterns from the 40's/50's and if you are interested Im more than happy to photocopy and send them to you! A great place to find vintage patterns is at op shops and they are always dirt cheap!Keep up the great work! It is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thats awesome! I look fwd to seeing how they turn out!! xox

      Delete
  8. It's awesome that you're planning long term in regards to your knitting goals. I'm the kind of person who loves to do that same for many areas of my life, too, and a suspect that I'd have a similar list of my own if I was a knitter (I have a one for three different crafts this year).

    Wishing you tons of success with all your 2013 knitting goals, honey!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so neat hun! Its def imp to set goals and have something to wk towards!!! Good luck with your as well!! xox

      Delete
  9. I also want to set some knitting goals for this year! I've worked on re-learning to knit the past year, and I can do anything that is rectangle or square-shaped, haha. I have learned to do designs, textures, etc..... as long as it's a square.
    I want to learn to make clothing items now, too! I really want to make a simple sweater, but I haven't looked too much into it and I'm not sure if that's a realistic goal. I'm thinking I'll probably have to find a class or teacher for that, because I'm not sure that I can teach myself or decipher knitting instructions well enough for that.... Not to mention that the idea of resizing a knitting pattern (likely necessary, I'm small) scares me to death right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your goals are great! It's good to look ahead because it keeps you interested in learning more techniques. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...