Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ask Bunny...Questions Answered!

What or Who inspired you to become a pin-up model?
Like any little girl, I found my mother to be the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. As I grew older I began to admire the glamour of all the starlets in the classic films I would watch with my grandmother. I think it was Marilyn Monroe that first caught my attention because she was an outstanding model. She knew how to move her face and body in ways to always show her best. I believe all three of these things lead me to adore the classic pin-up look.

What sparked your love for vintage clothing?
I have always gravitated to "old" things. It is just a part of my personality. I think perhaps because I spent a great deal of time with my grandma that I learned to appreciate things that weren't as bright and shiny as the things in a store. She also introduced me to thrift shopping and I loved getting so much for so little. Who doesn't?

What items of clothing you think should be the first pieces a newbie purchases and why?
I think it would be important for a new person entering the vintage lifestyle to ask themselves a few important questions such as; what colors look best on you, what decades would flatter your figure best, and how many times will you really use these pieces? As a mother of three, I cannot help but always think of the practical side of things so even though its nice to have hundreds of pretty dresses in your closet, someone who is just beginning should tread lightly in investing in a vintage wardrobe. Start with basic colors, one or two simple dresses, a few cardigans, and slowly work your way into having a full wardrobe. It takes time but its worth the effort and patience.

What keeps you going in your journey to live a vintage life?
I love history and the stories of people so that keeps me excited about collecting certain pieces and the like. I also am a very determined person. I like to live my life passionately and to create new dreams as old ones comes true. I must admit I enjoy learning about the past and how I can find my way to celebrate it and teach it to others so that we don't forget. It also makes me proud to see my husband and children see me doing creative things such as writing and modeling-to know that their wife/mother is an expressive and passionate person makes me happy.

What is the one moment in history you wish you could have witnessed personally?
This is such a great question! I would have loved to have been a part of a few. Just focusing on the 20th Century, I would say the 1940's-literally all of it hehe And I would have loved to have witnessed Elvis's and The Beatles first performances because I am big fans of both-although people say you can't be-I am. I would have also loved to have been a part of the 1960's-that decade holds a special place in my heart.

How are you so fabulous?
Oh my! I was born this way of course! hehe  And so were all of you! I believe it's up to the individual to believe they are no matter what others say to them!

What is your very favorite outfit with accessories? And, can you post a picture for us?

My favorite outfit I have to say so far is the one I am wearing in the photo above. All of it was borrowed from my friend Brittany's closest. I felt so beautiful wearing it and it was my very first time going out in public with my leg braces on. I felt beautiful.

What are some ways that you get a vintage look without spending a whole lot of money? Do you have any favorite low-cost tips or tricks you use?
I think one way to try to get a vintage look is to purchase clothing that may be from a different decade and work it as another. For example, 1960's-1980's dress are less expensive than 1930-1950's. You can find some that look like the earlier decades and add accessories and hair/makeup to create a feel of those decades.

I've seen that you do vintage modeling and pinup shoots; how did you get involved in that? Where did those opportunities come from and why did you decide to take them?
I started in the summer of 2011, about eight months after the birth of my 3rd child. I needed a pick me up and doing a pinup shoot made me feel amazing! I honestly created those opportunities for myself. I sought out photographers and people who wanted to be creative. Anyone can do it, you just have to be persistent.

Who is your favorite author?
I have many favorite authors! Some are C.S Lewis, Clive Barker, Lois Duncan, S.E. Hinton, and V.C. Andrews....I know deep stuff hehe NOT! But I enjoy a good mystery/romance/thriller/thinking book. Oh and my ultimate favorite is The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.

If you could travel back in time and spend a day with any classic film star who would it be and why?
Years ago I would have said MM, but now I realize I would have just wanted to save her. Since I would want to be with someone who I could just enjoy their company and wisdom-gosh this is hard....okay can I choose three? LOL How about Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Cary Grant....oh yeah! Because imagine the conversations we would have??!!!

Thank you all for submitting such great questions! This was super fun! I hope you feel as thought you learned a wee bit more about me! I highly suggest other bloggers ask their readers to ask them questions. It's nice to get to know each other better, isn't?

xox




5 comments:

  1. You and Audrey Hepburn would have TOTALLY been BFFs!! Thanks for answering these questions! Right when I think you couldn't get ANY more fabulous,...hehe. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great questions answered:) You are the true 40's queen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers Bunny! And what a great way to get to know you better!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies-you are all so sweet to me! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiring, fantastic lady, dear Bunny. I adored this Q&A post and getting to know even more about you. Great choice of yesteryear celebs to spend the day with. I doubt I could narrow my choice down to just one, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...