Friday, September 13, 2013

Film Fashion Friday: Breakfast at Tiffany's (Casual)

Breakfast at Tiffany's  happens to be one of my favorite films. And of course it stars the ethereal Audrey Hepburn

The film showcases some outstanding pieces of fashion and the most iconic is Givenchy's "little black dress" that you see in the very beginning of the film. But there were flashes of casual looks that Hepburn wore in the film that I personally love. I find these sort of outfits can be attainable and work in our everyday wardrobe. Unlike fancy dresses, which are fantastic but not as practical.
I found 99% of the pieces you see here in my Polyvore Set  from one of my new favorite shops called Boden USA. I have yet to purchase a piece from this store but when I do you bet I will review it. Right now I am eyeing the Sixties Sweater that is included in the ensemble below. I mean how flippin cute is it??? 
Are you a fan of Breakfast at Tiffany's? Have you read the book? What are your favorite outfits (if any) from the film?


13 comments:

  1. That sweater is beautiful! I want one! I love all of the outfits in Breakfast and Tiffany's - although, I'm unsure if there is anything that Audrey Hepburn didn't look amazing in!

    www.bonjouremily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the book, but I have not seen the film. I guess I should remedy that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought my copy-I cannot wait to rd it! xox

      Delete
  3. I have never read the book but I love the film. Its great how love can derail even the best laid plans. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this movie from start to finish! My favorite outfit is either the one she wears in the train station scene or the orange/red (can't remember which color) coat. I'm also especially fond of the first hat she wears. I thought that the book was just okay, in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I love that coat!!! I am searching for one like it hehe xox

      Delete
  5. You, of all people, know how I feel about this movie. I can't decide which outfit I like better!! Love them all...In my teenaged mind, Holly Golightly's fashion throughout the movie (even down to the sleep mask with the eyes and lashes on it) is how I though I would dress when I reached my 20's. I'm a little late but I'm working on it!!! sidenote: they sell those sleep masks on amazon. I may get one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely has great style. I do prefer the looks of the 30s but this is a classic for sure. I just visited your blog from retro gran and its neat to see another vintage lover int the big apple, though technically Im in jersey city

    kate
    www.retrorover-vintagedogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Kate! Oh neat! Going to check out your blog now! xox

      Delete
  7. Ok now I NEED that sweater! ;) I love Breakfast at Tiffany's! One of my all time favorites. <3
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...