Friday, September 20, 2013

Film Fashion Friday: Annie Hall

I don't know how many of you have seen any Woody Allen films. His films are what I consider an acquired taste. Some people enjoy it and some just don't. Sort of like sushi or opera. Allen is known for his quirky comedies but this was a first for Allen who combined comedy with Romance in Annie Hall.

Even if you haven't see Annie Hall, if you saw her tie outfit you would know that it came from that film. It is defiantly an iconic look.

I think what I like about this outfit is that it doesn't completely reflect the year the film came out, 1978. It is very undated and slightly androgynous.
I wanted to do something a little different with Annie Hall's outfit. Although still mainly androgynous, I thought having a khaki skirt instead of pants would add just a tiny bit more femininity to the look.
You can find these pieces here.

You can also take a peak of the Annie Hall trailer here as well as Annie's first meeting with Max here. Talk about adorable. Diane Keaton is amazing!!!

3 comments:

  1. Its definitely one of the best film looks. In general I dont like 70s style but this is a timeless exception

    kate the old fashioned way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but I love your interpretation of Annie's outfit. The khaki skirt is the perfect addition.
    Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. I am always on the lookout for "Vintage" images of kitchens especially, but all the other rooms as well.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge Woody Allen fan, but I have always wanted to see this film. Such an iconic look!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...