Friday, September 6, 2013

Film Fashion Friday: Bonnie and Clyde

Bonnie and Clyde (1967) is a love story between two people who live out a life of crime and violence. Not a fairy tale love story and defiantly not a fairy tale ending but it is based on a true story. And it stars the fantastic Faye Dunaway as the lead, Bonnie Parker.

I adore this ensemble made famous in the film. Dunaway gives her best sassiest look for the camera and there is no dying that she owns the moment. 
If you haven't seem the film be prepared to see loads of 1930's fashion (as it was set in the early 1930's) with a 1960's twist. I found the hair to be the most unauthentic but you still get the feel of the 1930's which is what's important, right?

To create this look that Dunaway as Parker is wearing I turned to Polyvore. I have had account with this site for a while but never tried making a fashion set. I have found this site to be incredibly inspirational and if you haven't checked it out-I highly recommend it. Just type what you are looking for under the word sets.

This is my first time creating an outfit using Polyvore. The last three posts in this series I used Picmonkey. I sorta like this set better. What do you think?

If you would like too see the pieces featured in this post, feel free to check out my Polyvore here. Let me know if you have one too so I can follow you on there as well.

It was so much fun using Polyvore to create my version of Bonnie Parker's outfit. I also think it would be a comfortable and chic look for the fall especially if paired with a blazer or jacket.

Do you know the story of Bonnie and Clyde? Have you ever seen the film?

4 comments:

  1. I always use Picmonkey but now I'm going to have to try out Polyvore!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustard and grey is one of my all-time favourite colour combos, and you know, now that I sit here and think about it, I don't think I've posted snaps of myself in it (how can that be? :)). With fall, mustard's most fitting season just around the corner, I'll have to remedy that mighty soon. Great post, dear Bunny, I'm enjoying this series to no end!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo, one of my favorites!

    I have used polyvore a few times now. Here is my link:

    http://retro-gran.polyvore.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...