Friday, August 31, 2012

The Birds are back!



Yes you read right!! The Birds are back! Just for one day only! This is for the celebration of Universal's 100th Anniversary. On Wednesday, September 19th, TCM will present the screening of The Birds. It is one of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock films and also one of my favorite Tippi Hedren films.

I just adore TCM and seeing a screening of a classic film in a movie theater the way it was intended to be shown is a very special event indeed! I have already been lucky enough to see West Side Story, Casablanca, and It's a Wonderful Life (the first two hosted by TCM) and they were all magical experiences.



So click on this link and see if they will be screening "The Birds" near you. It is a nationwide event and if  you can make it-head on out!! I just got my ticket!!!

xox

9 comments:

  1. Great movie, but if I was a bird and had to listen to that awful song those school kids sing, I would start wooping some ass too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah Omg I almost fell off my seat after reading what you wrote hehehe Soo true!!! xox

      Delete
    2. Right, that song is terrible, flipity floppety, blah blah!!!! Here comes the killer birds.

      Delete
    3. Trina stop making me laugh heheehe that sound is contagious though LOL

      Delete
  2. It's a brilliant film but I'm scared stupid of birds so it absolutely petrifies me! It was bad enough watching it on a tv!
    I'd love to watch It's a wonderful life at the cinema, it's one of my faves & my husband & I snuggle up every Christmas Eve & watch it after the kids are in bed. ;0)
    I'd really like to see Gone with the Wind at the cinema that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a wonderful like and GWTW are two of my fave classic films. The Birds is an amazing film though-the birds thing is scary I must agree. Oh boy seeing on the big screen...ekkk cant wait though heheh xox

      Delete
  3. I guess the birdies don't want to venture this far north, as there aren't any Canadian showing. Oh well, I'll just reflect back on past times I've watched this chilling, thrilling classic and try not to be spooked if I see any shifty eyed birds this weekend :D

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh darnit it may be bc its a nationwide thingy-I think they need to branch out a bit more to our neighborly Canadians...shame on them. Do you think I should dress all 60s for the day I see it??? hehe xox

      Delete
  4. I love Hitchcock! My favorite of his is The Rear Window and Psycho.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...