Saturday, August 4, 2012

Besame Violet Powder Review



Last month as I was preparing myself to attend the Gene Kelly Event, I tried a new product by Besame Cosmetics called Brightening Violet Powder. I managed to sell a few things on ebay and I snatched the opportunity to try this product after I read what it does.

"Brightening Violet Powder is a translucent loose powder that adds just a hint of brightness for an instant lift to any complexion. Sets make-up beautifully and leaves a soft matte finish. The powder does not contain shimmers, but brightens because of the unique violet hue in this special formula. Deliciously fragrant, it suits any skin tone. Wear alone, over foundation or to add a lightness to tired eyes and under eye circles."

I defiantly need some brightness and lift for my tired eyes (and face) after my days of mommyhood. Now I wish they made a powder to lift the rest of yourself on those super tired days hehe But I just had to try it and I took the opportunity and ordered it. Now I want you all to know I am not doing this review for Besame or any other company~this is because I want you all to know if this product works or not.

When I first got the product I was pleasantly happy with the way it was packaged and seriously I mean how much more beautiful can a package get??!!! I didn't want to open the box at first because it was too darn pretty! Well, of course at some point I did and as you see in the photos below its just stunning from box to product!



Now this isn't my favorite photo of myself but I took it the day of the event right before I applied the Violet Powder. As you can see from the photo next to it, it really did wonders. I did use a light cover-up from Clinique beforehand and then I added the powder or you can use the powder by itself-it's all up to you.


I loved it-the compact and the product. I love how small it was and reminded me of the way makeup was made back in the 40's and 50's. It also reminded me of the products my grandma used to have. All in all I would recommend it-its easy too use like any other powder cover-up and just makes your skin look flawless.

Have you tried any Besame Cosmetics products? If so, what are your favorites?

xox

7 comments:

  1. Great skin! I've wondered if it worked. Besame lipstick is all I use, it stays on all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it but as I use it more I will def tell you if I love it even more or less-I have a funny feeling I will love it more LOL xox

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried Besame products. I'll have to check them out:) You can see a difference with evenness of skin tone in your before and afters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome hun! I highly recommend the lipsticks-they are gorgeous! Get the sample set they have to try all the colors, then invest in the ones you like best :) xox

      Delete
  3. No, I haven't tried their products. I honestly buy cover girl and revlon and such for my make-up. I did however start using a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and LOVED it. Don't think I'll go back to foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what kind of tinted moisturizer do you use?? xox

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any of Besame's products yet, but I've really been eyeing them for some time. I might have to take your lead generate some spending money myself to splash out on on a Besame item or two, especially after reading this lovely review of their brightening powder.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...