Sunday, August 5, 2012

Remembering MM


Today being the 50th Anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's passing, many people have some out and expressed their love, adoration, and admiration of Hollywood's blond bombshell. I came upon this amazing article that expressed the way I would like to remember Norma Jean. 

An interview with MM's niece from her sister (half but who cares if its half-a sibling is a sibling, right?) just warmed my heart as she shared her precious and sweet memories of her beloved aunt. The things she said about MM are the things I for many years have felt about her. That she would have made an amazing mother, that she was smart as heck, and that she was in simplest terms, a sweet and kind person. At the end of the day she was a girl with dreams like the rest of us.

I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did~My Aunt, Marilyn Monroe

Berniece and her sister Norma Jean

MM's niece, Mona posing for her aunt

Berniece, Norma Jean, Gladys, and little Mona

Berniece (now 93) and her daughter, Mona



Sweet dreams dear Norma Jean.  xox

9 comments:

  1. Lovely article. I had no idea Marilyn's sister was still alive. You can see the facial structure resemblance. It's nice to hear accounts from family members of what Marilyn was like. I agree that she was a very smart and complex woman not like her onscreen persona:)

    http://dividingmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanna! I can see it in her smile-so lovely right? xox

      Delete
  2. I love seeing pictures of Norma Jeane, I also like the Marilyn persona, but my favorite are those of Norma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit they are mine also! She was such a doll!! xox

      Delete
  3. What a terrific find, thank you for sharing this touching article with us. Much as Sean said, I've always favoured Norma Jeane over Marilyn, or perhaps it's more a case of that I find inspiration, sorrow, happiness, and beauty in each of them, and am drawn to one side of her persona more than the other depending on what's going on in my own life at the moment.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! When I found this I knew I had to share! Its a great interview! xox

      Delete
  4. I just knew you would have a 50th anniversary post! ;)

    Wow I'm soooo happy you found a recent photo of MM's sister. I had always wondered what she looked like now. I read a biography on Marilyn she wrote years ago and some parts of it stayed with me for a long time. (Like one part where she remembers any food item Marilyn recieved went straight into the trash because Marilyn was so terrified of someone trying to poison her. Now every time someone gives me a homemade casserole, I think of that part of the book. It's been 15 years since I've read it, haha!!).

    You can definitely see Marilyn in her sister's smile. I wonder what she would have looked like today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! :)

    I'd love if you visited my blog at Missingsparkles.com. It would be fun to follow each other, don't you think? ;)

    xoxo, Minna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post and a lovely blog! Glad I stumbled past today! Now following and looking forward to your new posts!
    May x
    walkinginmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...