Monday, August 27, 2012

It's a BRAVE Party!



Today is my lil Bunny girl's birthday. Five years ago today she made me a mother. She gifted me with the best role of my life. I remember holding her and being utterly exhausted because it was long delivery, but I thought to myself, "what do I do with her now?" I was totally clueless and I learned that you don't become a mother automatically (I guess technically). You work on the bond and the relationship every moment of your day with them. I spent a great deal of time with my girl and we snuggled together all day long-everyday. Til this day she is loves to cuddle and snuggle.

Yesterday was her birthday party and the theme was Disney's "Brave". We choose it because it suited her to a tea---an independent princess---exactly how my princess is!

My daughter and her friend, cousin, and brothers/My daughter and I~the two Bunnies!

Family and friends joined us to celebrate my girls fifth birthday! Because of the helium shortage I got a little creative with balloons by hanging them from the ceiling. Something I will do for my son's future birthdays as well because its way more affordable, creative, and a hit with the guests.

The main table for the cake, favors, and gifts. 

My husband and I had a left over helium tank from when our youngest had his Baptism, so we used what was left for the side balloons. I cut the banner in half because it was super long. And the favors were bulls eye muslin drawstring bags that we filled with candy. I normally don't like giving candy but it was a last minute thing because it was too late for me to order the cookies I usually like to order as their favors. The Etsy seller is HobbleCreekDesigns and they make some great things for parties and events!

The food table with lots of yummies to eat!

The food was simple but hey-we are not a restaurant! hehe I served chips (two types in one bowl), fish crackers (the mother in the film turned into a bear so fish was a big part of imagery), "bear claw cola" aka soda, mini sandwiches, water, macaroni salad, soft chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate dipped pretzels.

I purchased plain wooden utensils for a few dollars on Etsy and I hand stamped them myself. Otherwise, pre-stamped utensils were triple the price or more!


I also added some super cute "Brave" picks from an Etsy shop called TheBirthdayHouse. I used some cash I earned from ebay sales this week to pick up those little things from Etsy *smile*


The cake was made by one of my SIL's and it was chocolate and brownie with chocolate covered ruffle chips all around.....delicious!!


This is what I did with balloons this time around! Saves on helium, money, and well more money hehe You don't save your breathe though hehe It had a great affect and I loved it. It was also supposed to represent the blue wisps that Princess Merida follows in the forest as she searches for a way to choose her own fate.

I hope you enjoyed our "Brave" party. Another one is coming in early November. My baby will turn TWO...ugh nooooooooooo more baby....boo! Going to go cry now...hehehe

xox




8 comments:

  1. She looks like a natural in front of camera. Looks like your daughter had a great birthday. I have two to start planning:). Love the idea of the hanging balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the party looked great, you did a great job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your Princess had such a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest birthday to your darling princess!

    You threw her an absolutely lovely party, dear Bunny.



    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny,
    You have got to be the most loving mom. You're an inspiration to all. I appreciate your ways of saving money as well. I'm sure you are a wonderful wife. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh April you are too sweet! Thank you so much-I'm just trying my best is all. But thank you for the best compliment ever!! Muah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...