Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finding Inspiration

The always inspirational Miss Rita Moreno!


The past few days I have been receiving inspiration from all sorts of places. And how ironic because lately I have been feeling a tad bit frustrated with where I am going with my blog. Earlier in the week I was inspired by the images from the book Va-Va Voom!, then midweek I was inspired by an enlightening post made by Micheline Pitt who is a hairstylist, make-up artist, designer, and model! She shared on her facebook page an image on all sorts of women's shapes and sizes and shared her own personal battles with her image. She really opened my eyes and reminded me not to judge a book by its cover. If you want to see what she wrote, its on my facebook page (attached to that image).

I was also inspired by Brittany's recent posts about body image from Va Voom Vintagewhat a real woman looks like and one size fits all. To pour your heart out to someone let alone to lots of someones via a blog is not always an easy thing to do. You never know if people will understand where you are coming from or be able to relate, but I feel if you have something to get off your chest its better out than in as good 'old Shrek always says.

Vinny Vandal~Petite, Puerto Rican, and a Pinup!


Today I read a post from an amazing fashion blogger from New York named Vinny Vandal. Her blog is called Vintage Vandalizm. If you haven't heard of her yet, now you have. She has been blogging for over seven years and has mastered the skill of thrifting and has a keen eye on today's fashions while still keeping one foot dipped into the vast sea of fashions of the past. She does her own thing and makes it work for her. Something I think we all want for ourselves whether people understand it or not. 

All of these inspirational events that happened to me weren't huge or in your face. They were subtle. Sometimes you really have to pay attention to the world around you because when you have questions or wondering about something, I do believe the answers will find you. You just have to look and listen and be open to having it revealed to you.

I have been a bit frustrating lately with my blog, wondering if I am going the right direction or wondering if my posts are clear. I mean I am not a fashion blogger or a mommy blogger and not fully a vintage blogger since I am still very much a newbie. I am not a classic film blogger or a food blogger...so what am I? I have no clue-honestly I don't.

The always lovely, Olga San Juan!


Reading Vinny's post reminded me that I just need to keep talking about the things I love and keep doing it no matter if others don't get it and no matter if I know where it's going or where its going to take me. I love expressing myself, I love teaching, I love learning, I love connecting with others, and I love the heaps of history that we have on the past. 

I hope someday I can define myself a little more clearly and find my place in this wonderful world of vintage and blogging. Until then, I am grateful to have been inspired by all of these amazing women and I am looking forward to the day when I have my "a-ha" moment.

xox 





1 comment:

  1. You, my dear, are a Bunny Moreno blogger, and your voice is as unique and important as any neatly packaged niche heading could ever be. I thoroughly enjoy the broad range of topics you cover (as I do much the same thing on Chronically Vintage), and hope that you'll always feel free to keep writing and sharing whatever your heart desires with us.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...