I find that Motherhood has a way of seeping into all aspects of your life. As I am singing along to cartoons with my children or playing playdoh with them or coloring-if find that if you look close enough you can learn valuable life lessons as well as find inspiration.
That's what I found in the cartoon Pinky Dinky Doo. Its about a young girl who loves to learn new words and to teach her younger brother about these words she tells a made up story. While she is telling her story she always adds a scene where the main character has to figure out the dilemma at hand and "THINK BIG". The main character (usually a version of Pinky herself) has her head inflate while she thinks BIG and then she gets a great idea and solves the problem. Its a super cute show-my kiddies love it.
Life is incredibly short and you have heard me say this time and again, but truly is. And it is precious-- it can be changed and altered in an instant. So why sit back and watch other people make things happen for themselves?
When thinking BIG or rather be ambitious, you should be aware of a few things:
- Don't step on other peoples toes-be thankful always.
- Be sincere-I mean BE SINCERE.
- Be honest with yourself-not everyone can be a Prima Ballerina.
- Let your ambitions drive you but don't let it drive you nuts.
- Set clear and achievable goals for yourself.
- Work with what you have and focus on what you have.
- Realize what you can do and what you can't.
- Make a mental or literal list of your goals but don't set a time frame.
- Think BIG like Pinky Dinky Doo says and like Bunny says! hehe
- Lastly, be passionate with what you are doing if not you lose all the fun.
Thinking BIG does come with one BIG warning. Be careful on who you share with. I have found once you have created your goals and thought BIG thoughts and you are working hard for them....you really have to try not to share it with the world at large but rather with the people who truly support you and want you to succeed. Unfortunately, there are too many individuals out there who would rather take than give-those are the people who sit back and wait for things to come to them.
On that note, THINK BIG! Be ambitious! Don't let opportunities slide by! Keep dreaming big dreams!