Monday, April 9, 2012

The Easter Bunny ROCKS!!

A rare look at me with my lil family!


Easter was a blast! I hope it was for all of you! Its a beautiful time of year and my favorite of the seasons. My husband actually proposed to me on Easter 2005 because he knew how special that time of year was for me.

My children were all terribly excited and while we awaited the arrival of Papa (my dad) I set up their Easter treats and baskets and we got them all dressed up. I was especially excited for this year because my youngest would be able to participate as last year he was just a wee babe.


The baskets in the back are from my dad and ours are in front. They loved their books and cars and doll. I love watching my children get excited about simple little things. Now about the chocolate...let's just say they has enough to last them until next Easter! My youngest was even biting through the chocolates with the wrapper on! heheh Good grief!


My sister n law and I decided to swap vintage inspired baskets to one another. I would have taken photos of what it looked like before but I didn't have my dads camera with me. Luckily he lent me his for a few days so I took some photos of some of the things she gave me. She stuffed these in large Easter eggs-so cute!


Sorry about the fuzzy photo-this is a cream colored carved bracelet-I think it may be Lucite! So pretty!


Now this is the piece that I am still going gaga over! She told me it is Bakelite but I am unsure. It looks anywhere from 1930's to 1940's and the unique part is that it has an actual photo inside of it! It is of a cowboy actor/singer..I don't know who it is. It is defiantly not someone who was a mainstream actor so I am thinking it may be a singer. I love it-I treasure unique pieces like these!! So happy with my Easter basket!


After our Second Annual Egg Hunt and our basket giving we hung out a bit more with my dad until he left. Afterwards we just relaxed and then I cooked-nothing fancy but the best part of the day was that the FIVE of us were all together....ALL day long!!! It is something that is very very rare for us and I enjoyed every second of it as did the kids.

I leave you with a photo of me with my littlest bunny. Now that Easter has come and gone, dare I say it...almost two weeks until my trip!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

xox

7 comments:

  1. All the jewelry you got is awesome especially that little guitar. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell if it's bakelite by warming it in your hand, it will smell 'chemical'if it is, as it's made with formaldehide. What a lovely family! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you all got to spend time together on Easter. I know you say your hubby works a lot. My kids used to eat the chocolate with the wrappers on too. lol. It's chocolate so I don't blame them. Hope your doing well.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies-hope you all had a rocking Easter too!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful Easter! I'm so glad you had a great weekend and holiday. My Easter was pretty boring. Just me and my parents. No little ones to get baskets for. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Easter! I am so happy to hear that you had an awesome holiday.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a splendidly lovely Easter celebration - complete with oodles of fantastic presents. I really can't decide which I like more, the carved bracelet or the guitar pin - both are too cool for words!

    I'm delighted to know that you had such a wonderful Easter (how sweet that your DH proposed to you in 2005 on Easter, knowing how near and dear this time of the year is to your heart), and hope that rest of the spring continues to be every bit as marvelous for you and your family.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...