Saturday, January 28, 2012

The TARDIS has landed! In my Dining Room!!!


Today I had my long awaited Doctor Who birthday party! I was able to see my family and some dear friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I didn't expect it to go as well as it did but it was fabulous.

I cut out by hand some famous words that Doctor #9, 10, and 11 say frequently. Doctor #9 says "Fantastic", Doctor #10 says "Allons-y" (means let's go), and the current Doctor # 11 says "Geronimo" quite often. I drew the letters out "free hand" by looking at my copy of "Doctor Who" Magazine and tried to mimic the lettering style used on the cover *smile*. And I added some stars for a special "Out-of-this-world" feel hehehe

A cardboard cut-out of the TARDIS-we made a background
like the night sky with a black table cover and added
some stars as if it was in outer space.

Jammy Dodger made by my SIL-Doctor #11 favorite snacks!

Fish Sticks and Custard (from the UK)-Doctor #11 favorite food.

My TARDIS cake made by my SIL.

Mini sandwich's topped with TARDIS picks from Etsy.


I flew around in my TARDIS with my older brother
and my eldest and youngest munchkins xox

My two friends and I mimicking the "Doctor Who" signature
poses in front of the TARDIS-yes my sonic screwdriver is a spoon LOL

One of my presents from my friend Rosie-
A TARDIS handbag-LOVE!!!

Yes! That is a Hogwarts scarf!! Handmade by
my friend Tatiana and a snood too!

I hope you enjoyed some snapshots of my day. I was happily spoiled and enjoyed the lovely company of everyone who came. I will announce the special gift my amazing husband gave me on a later date. No, I don't want to be a tease but just waiting for the right time hehehe

Fantastic!!!!!   Allons-y!!!!!    Geronimo!!!!!

xox

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such fun! I love the TARDIS cutout. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh LOVE the Doctor Who theme!! I just found your blog and I am completely smitten by it :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...