Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hairstyle Practice: Session One


When I woke up the next day after my haircut and saw what was on top of my head I had mixed feelings. It looked funny and yet weird-kinda like wig. Then I began to panic again! LOL I mean I have NEVER and I mean never been good at dealing with my own hair so why should now be different?

Well, now I kind of have no choice. I have to set my hair everyday if its going to look decent and also I refuse to fail at becoming a vintage diva so I have no choice but to suck it up and practice, practice, practice!

The next three days after my haircut I practice only with foam rollers. I may do a few trails with my hot rollers this week as well. My hair is very thick and wavy so I do not have any problems forming a curl. I also have quite a few white hairs that I plan to tend to before my photo shoot this month but using  semi-permanent wash for my hair. I will definitely post about that once I do it.


Okay I must warn you-from these photos on I was not only getting sick but my hubby took these really late so I couldn't put makeup on but I did slap on some lipstick for some. So please excuse me hehehe The photo above I used foam rollers and I placed all the rollers going down. It's still looked too 1950's for me so I tried again the next day *smile*


Hahaha this is how I looked after foam rollers the following day but this time I placed them going upwards in the front and bottom and going down in the back and middle. I was hoping that I could get this flip look I saw in a photo. 


I like how the front came out and I didn't use a lot of hairspray because again it was late and I was going to bed shortly after. My children were all asleep so this was prime opportunity LOL


I was just curious about how I would look in black and white and if it looked vintage enough. Its a start but not there yet!

By the way, if you're curious these are the items I use and have: Hot rollers, Foam rollers, Ulta hairspray, Hair Mousse, Bobby pins, and Standard Goody hairbrush.

What do you think?

xox

PS: Heres is a great blog post on how to put rollers on with wet hair on Bobbins and Bombshells Blog!

6 comments:

  1. Im awful doing my own hair too so who am I to give advice but I think since you can get and hold a good curl, learning how to brush it out and then do waves and such would be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thanks mama-I know I may have to invest in a better brush! heheh xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute :) Have you checked out the book "Vintage Hairstyles" by Lauren Rennells? I found it to be pretty easy to follow (it shows you what directions to put your curls in, how to brush them out and shape them, etc.) Here's a post I did on it a while back with my results http://constantlyalice.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution.html

    Also, The Lisa Freemont Street channel on YouTube has some really fantastic tutorials that could be helpful as well! Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Alice. Youtube can teach you literally anything. Except me apparently. I still suck at hair styling haha. Your hair holds curl nice unlike mine. Pretty soon you will have it just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I have been looking through youtube and looking at pictures. I kinda wonder if I will ever get the knack of it but tell me what you think about tomorrow's trial...I think I may be getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried a couple of times to curl my hair and I just can't get the hang of it. I think your hair looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...