Monday, October 7, 2013

More Real Names of Old Hollywood Stars

Last week I shared  the real names of some of our favorite classic film stars. I enjoyed putting that post together so much that I thought I would share a few more.

Many are simple, average American names and some are very indicative of  the actor/actresses culture. But no matter why they changed their names, their new stage names defiantly worked for them. Don't you think?
Hedy Lamarr
Hedy Lamarr = Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler
Gary Cooper
Gary Cooper = Frank James Cooper
Carole Lombard = Jane Alice Peters
Bing Crosby
Bing Crosby = Harry Lillis Crosby
Joan Crawford
Joan Crawford = Lucille Fay LeSueur
Boris Karloff
Boris Karloff = William Henry Pratt 
Judy Garland
Judy Garland = Frances Ethel Gumm
George Burns
George Burns =  Nathan Birnbaum
Joan Fontaine
Joan Fontaine = Joan de Beauvoir de Havilland
Dean Martin
Dean Martin = Dino Crocetti

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I didn't know about any of these names! Why on earth would Joan Crawford change her name, when it was so unique and movie-star sounding to begin with!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew Boris changed his name

    kate the old fashioned way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see Boris Karloff as anything as than Boris. I adore this old Hollywood stars...TCM is a tv staple for me. They just don't make movies like the ones of the 30's and 40's anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow who'd ever imagine! The only one I knew of is Dean Martin (Dino Crocetti, molto italiano! ;)). Thank you for sharing; you are your blog are lovely. Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...