When I began my journey I was a newly mother of three, slightly losing my marbles in the midst of hormones. I spent a great deal of time alone because my husband works two full time jobs and this combination just wasn't good for me. I needed something for me, something where I can still be creative and have an outlet for myself.
I dove into the wonderful world of vintage, pinup, and blogging head first. I didn't know what I was doing nor did I have the means or the time to dedicate to it but somehow I managed to find a way to pursue my passion.
This journey has not be an easy one. Although it has been fruitful, the road has been bumpy with quite a few potholes. Nevertheless, I am grateful it hasn't been easy because the joys have been so much more joyful. And I am proud of myself for sticking to what I love no matter the challenges I faced.
Vintage has truly changed my life. Here are some of the ways that it has:
- Formed connections and friendships with people that I would have never met otherwise
- Broke me out of my shell and helped me feel good about showing my leg braces to the world
- Kept me creative and feeding my brain with oodles of information
- Taught me (and still teaching me) that pretty comes in all sizes, shapes, and ages
- Explore fashion in a way I never thought I would be able to
- Allows me to share my passion and myself in a special way to my family, especially my children
- Showed me that I could do the impossible (ie a emagazine)
- Gave (and still giving) me a special sense of confidence that wearing vintage can give a woman
- Reminded me of many things my grandmother taught me of what it meant to be ladylike and expressing that through my wardrobe
- Reviving my lifelong passion for writing
- Getting published is not as hard I as I always thought it would be. You just have to keep at it til it happens!
- I am trying new things that I never imagined I would-ie makeup, hairstyles, knitting, etc.
- Showed me that I am one determined cookie!
- Taught me that patience and hard work are keys to success
- Allowing me to show who I am on the inside through the way I dress up
It has changed my life and continues to do. I know it has changed many of your lives as well. How has it?
So cheers to Bunny's Victory! Here is to many more years of blogging to come!