Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year....My Musings


Time is clicking away guys and dolls and soon it will be a brand new year for all of us! Have you thought about your resolutions? I know some people don't see the point in it but it is a time for reflection and time when you can just symbolically throw away the old and go into the new.

And why not? I know for me I feel it's important to look at what I have done and think about what I want to do. And again, I am sure some would ask...why? It's simple--right at this moment I am alive and I want to just be the best person that I can be while I am here. That's that. *smile*

So here are my resolutions for the year 2012:

  1. Spend less time on the computer!
  2. Get glasses so when I do get on the computer I don't have to make the size of the letters bigger! Ha!
  3. Kiss and hug my loved ones more than I did today.
  4. Make a little bit more of an effort to try and find my mother's family so that my brother and I can put some pieces together for ourselves.
  5. Be less cranky...less impatient...less dramatic...less prideful.
  6. Focus more on what I have and not dwell too much on what I don't.
  7. Make my blog a success.
  8. Feel comfortable in this new body and face of mine and learn how to celebrate it better.
  9. Learn how to be a great vintage model.
  10. Visit my mother's grave with my children.
  11. Visit my elderly aunts and spend some time with them.
  12. Conquer the challenge of vintage hair!
  13. Finish some craft projects that desperately need finishing!
  14. Try and see more classic films on the big screen.
  15. Have more fun, be more silly, and relax!
I hope you all consider making some resolutions for yourself. I have been doing this since I was about nine or so but I was a deep thinking child...I guess some things don't change haha

I also hope that you will continue to stay with me on this adventure of mommyhood and the vintage life with me. It's been an amazing ride so far-I have made some incredible friends and have learned so much already. Can't wait to learn more!!!

Lots of hugs to you all!!

xox

3 comments:

  1. 15 Resolutions!! That's a bit of pressure isn't it?
    Just out of interest number 7- you should probably define "successful blog"- eg- is it the number of comments, or how many followers, or is it about monetising the site and making a bit of spending money for yourself.
    If you set yourself clear targets it'll be easier to achieve!
    Good luck and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good list! I made a list of events I want to go to this year, mostly festivals and family events so we can take the kiddos out for some fun. Its such a drag being cooped up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldnt agree more Brittany-hate being cooped up-spring are you here yet? lol

    Thanks Susie! Most of them are things I am wking on already so not too much pressure at all heheh

    Happy New Year!!! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...