Monday, October 17, 2011

Night before I meet Chip Coffey!!




My amazing husband surprised me for our wedding anniversary on August 20th with a ticket to a lecture with Chip Coffey, who happens to be my favorite person in the world of the supernatural. Over the summer I was mentioning to my husband that Chip was going to be in New York for his Coffey Talk Tour (clever name isn't it??!) and also mentioning how I would love to have a reading with him.

After leaving my profession and becoming a mother and homemaker I have  been feeling a little lost and confused with what to do next for myself. I am not often confused so these feelings were very new to me. Instead of having my reading with Chip I decided to do my pinup makeover with Bettina May in June 2011 and that just changed how I was feeling almost overnight. I found I loved being in front of the camera and I loved being able to celebrate an era that I have been passionate about for many years.

Now as I pursue learning all I can about pinup, the vintage life, and modeling I still feel a  wee bit unsettled. But I pray every night for guidance and wisdom and I know in the end that God/Universe has my back. I know these tough times won't last forever and I know now that after making your dreams come true (ie my family) it is possible to create new dreams for yourself (ie pinup, modeling, etc).

So its now the night before I go to see Chip Coffey and I am trying to wrap around my head that I will be meeting him in person!!! I hate that I will go alone because I will be honest, I enjoy life and everything in it much more with my husband by my side. He's my best friend and my confidant but he really doesn't feel comfortable doing these kinds of things and I respect that. I am just in awe that he gave me this gift of being able to meet Chip in person.

I follow him on facebook and he is just so incredibly down-to-earth and yet sassy and passionate all at the same time. He also has this capacity to love beyond himself and allow himself to be vulnerable and caring, which unfortunately most people don't allow themselves to do. He's a man after my own heart and I am going to meet him???!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it feels so surreal. I don't expect to get a reading and  honestly I am more looking forward to the talk than anything else. He isn't just a psychic but he is also a very spiritual and religious man, I respect the way he balances his love for God and his gifts that God bestowed on him.

So tomorrow night I will be at St. Luke's Theatre attending the Coffey Talk. I seriously cannot believe I am going-I feel so blessed and grateful to my husband for his thoughtfulness and romantic gesture. He actually listens when I tell him what I like and don't like. He's the best person I know!

I don't know what to expect but I feel open to whatever positive things can come my way. I am really nervous about it all and pray it will be a magical experience for me. I look forward to sharing my evening with you all!

xox

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift you husband has given you. I've been a fan of Chip Coffey for a while, but have never seen him in person. Hope you have a great and fulfilling time.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have this opportunity. You have an awesome hubby!I've never heard of Chip Coffey until you mentioned him on fb recently. Enjoy yourself! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies--my hubby sure does rock! I cant believe its today-I am still in awe that I will meet him. He seems like an awesome person-just filled with good energy-I cannot wait to share it all with you! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...