Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celebrating Pinup Mamas: Kitty Deluxe

How fun it is to spotlight such incredible women? Lots! Today I bring you the multi-talent Kitty Deluxe all the way from England! She's super sweet and sassy and I love how she embraces everything she does. Not only is she a mama to a gorgeous little munchkin but she is also a pinup model and a  Jewelry Designer! How does she make it work? Let's find out!
Inspiredphotos Photography
(and my favorite photo of Miss Kitty Deluxe
--how beautiful are these two!!??)


What attracted you to the world of pinup? Why did you choose to be a pinup?
I love the glamour of it all- the clothes, the cars and the buildings of the 50's are so beautiful! I like how the women are curvy and come in all sizes, you don't have to be a size 0 to be a beautiful pin up.

Who are your inspirations (pinup world)?
 Bernie Dexter for sure, she's beautiful!!

How do you manage balancing the world of motherhood and the world of pinup?

For my first couple of shoots I was allowed to bring my baby and chaperone's who could look after him, and with my latest ones he's now old enough to be able to stay with his grandparents whilst I have my shoots. So I have been very lucky really! My little man is brilliant and very patient.
Inspiredphotos Photography


What do you want to gain by being a pinup? (do you want to inspire, help others, self esteem..etc)
 I just want to build up my self esteem which has been at an all time low since I had my baby. I have lost 56lbs and 3 dress sizes since I had him, so I wanted to do something to celebrate my new curves too!

What ways have you changed because of it?

I am more confident, I have lost weight since my first shoot so its been like a documentary too!!! I always wanted to be a model and I feel like I'm achieving my dreams. I have now worked with online boutiques as well as local shops to piece together outfits and accessories. I am one of the models for clutterfly and I am so proud of how far I have come in such a short time! Most importantly I feel sexy again :)

Being a mother is filled with daily sacrifices (as well as joys), in what ways have you scarified in order to become a pinup?

I have had to sell some old things I don't wear to fund new outfits- I love corsets! I have moved my baby onto bottles for when he is out as he wont breastfeed in public (too much going on!) or he is at his grandparents, so not much really :) My baby will always come first.
Inspiredphotos Photography


When it comes to sexy pin up modeling, how does your husband/partner react?

He likes my pin up photos rather than the Alt ones. Hes concerned about my safety more than anything so I will only use photographers with a good reputation and be accompanied by a chaperon.

What advice do you have for other aspiring Pinup Mamas?

Go for it!!! The hardest part is finding your feet, I have moved into more alternative work too and I feel much more "me" and have found a style that suits both the Alt and Pin Up Model in me.



Thank you so much Kitty for allowing me to spotlight your fabulousness. You show that it is possible to go after your dreams even after becoming a mama!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...